Set up cutting-edge solutions based off satellite imagery and weather data for innovative projects needing strong skills in data analysis and machine learning
Geosys is an established leader in AgTech with more than 30 years of experience analyzing satellite and weather data for agriculture. Stakeholders across the agricultural value chain benefit from our scientific-grade data and proven methodologies for monitoring and benchmarking crops. This translates into unbiased, high-quality maps and analytics for agribusinesses across the globe.
From regional to field level, our expertise in geographic information systems provides scalability of a global platform while our presence in major agricultural countries offers localized solutions. Decision support tools range from worldwide risk management and supply monitoring of Ag commodities to field operations decision support to help make precision farming decisions. Geosys also develops API and customized business solutions using a variety of data analytics.
To access customers, globally, Geosys has teams located in North America (Minneapolis, MN, USA), Europe (Toulouse, France; Lausanne, Switzerland; Moscow, Russia and Kyiv, Ukraine), Australia (Melbourne) and Brazil (Sao Paulo, SP).
Geosys is part of Earthdaily Analytics, a company of Antarctica Capital, and has ambitious growth goals.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities
Agriculture is facing unprecedented challenges: climate change induces higher risks, and farmers need to maintain or increase productivity while reducing their environmental impact. Join GEOSYS to contribute to derisk agriculture with technology! GEOSYS is looking for a Data Scientist – remote-sensing for Ag to join its R&D team and design added-value analytics based on remote-sensing data, namely high to low-resolution optical satellite imagery and weather.
You will set up cutting-edge solutions for innovative projects needing strong skills in data analysis and machine learning, in the context of a large volume of data. Handling the development of POCs and pilots, you will define/test/validate and specify appropriate algorithms. You will be actively involved with our big data engineers for the operational deployment of your models on our cloud platform. You will propose collaborations with international scientists and monitor the latest scientific and technological progress of interest.
Your missions will be to:
- Understand customer and business challenges and translate them into scientific problems
- Create and implement models based on state-of-the-art methodologies to extract relevant information and value from large volumes of data
- Be proactive in feeding new ideas into the Innovation Pipeline
- Apply project management skills to research subjects in order to master scope, budget and timing, and produce qualitative specifications and documentation
- Work with our international teams (more than 6 nationalities)
- Write scientific supports rendering results, use conditions, and arguing the implemented solution in a pragmatic approach
- Work collaboratively with transversal teams on ideation phases or feasibility study, and with IT teams on industrialization / operational deployment
- Contribute to defining our data and technology strategy.
Education, Knowledge & Abilities
- Masters degree or PhD in remote sensing or related area
- Young doctor or at least 2 years of professional experience, with at least one experience in agriculture-related projects or involving deep-learning technology
- Expertise in signal and image processing, experience with SAR imagery is a plus
- Highly proficient in Python, knowledge in GIS (QGIS, GDAL/OGR)
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning libraries (Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Tensorflow…), version control systems (git)appreciated
- Ability for teamwork, and capacity to handle short timelines
- Fluent in English (oral and written): meetings with clients and internal are mostly in English. French, Portuguese or Russian is a plus
- You are curious and creative, collaborative and adaptable? Join us!
Permanent, full-time job to start as soon as possible.
Job preferably based in Balma, suburbs of Toulouse, France. Possibility to join our US (Minneapolis) or Brazilian (Sao Paulo) offices. Possibility of partial remote work.
If you are looking for an exciting career in AgTech with young, dynamic team and global opportunities, join us!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference Data-Scientist/R&I-01/2021.
To support our company’s growth and leadership position in our field, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Interested in joining our team?