Geosys calculates ag-analytics based on massive medium and low-resolution satellite imagery and weather data. As a data engineer, you will oversee conception, development, quality, deployment and use in the production of applications processing geospatial data to Analytics Ready Data and analytics computing.
Geosys is an established leader in AgTech with more than 30 years of experience analyzing satellite and weather data for agriculture. Stakeholders across the agricultural value chain benefit from our scientific-grade data and proven methodologies for monitoring and benchmarking crops. This translates into unbiased, high-quality maps and analytics for agribusinesses across the globe.
From regional to field level, our expertise in geographic information systems provides scalability of a global platform while our presence in major agricultural countries offers localized solutions. Decision support tools range from worldwide risk management and supply monitoring of Ag commodities to field operations decision support to help make precision farming decisions. Geosys also develops API and customized business solutions using a variety of data analytics.
To access customers, globally, Geosys has teams located in North America (Minneapolis, MN, USA), Europe (Toulouse, France; Lausanne, Switzerland; Moscow, Russia and Kyiv, Ukraine), Australia (Melbourne) and Brazil (Sao Paulo, SP).
Geosys is part of Earthdaily Analytics, a company of Antarctica Capital, and has ambitious growth goals.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities
Geosys calculates ag-analytics based on massive medium and low-resolution satellite imagery and weather data. As a data engineer, you will oversee conception, development, quality, deployment and use in the production of applications processing geospatial data to Analytics Ready Data and analytics computing. Applications run in a highly scalable cloud environment where performances and mastering running costs are key. The position requires a strong DevOps culture. The work will be done in collaboration with team members (data scientists, developers) and with other teams in the company (project managers, functional teams, other development, and IT teams).
Your responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance of earth observation data automatic ingestion and treatment pipelines from Analytics Ready data scope including applications on a cloud environment.
- Monitor and manage operational phase of application: deploy application, monitor running, issues and performances, continuous improvement, performance and costs optimization of applications.
- Architecture and conception of evolutions or new applications, selecting best technical solutions based on application requirements, existing architecture, technological landscape and running costs.
- Support and documentation of applications.
- Technical watch on software upgrades for component used in applications, including webinars, conferences. This watch should lead to recommendations to improve scalability and interoperability with EO community.
Education, Knowledge & Abilities
- More than 5 years of previous experiences.
- Development competencies: Senior level
– Required: Java, Spark (scala), Python
– Should have: .NET
Development tools: IntelliJ IDE, GIT, Maven
Other technologies: Messaging (RabbitMQ, Kafka), Databases (PostGre, Cassandra/ScyllaDB, VerticaDB)
- Operational competencies: Senior level
Cloud environment: Azure, AWS
- Significant experience in developing processing chains of data, if possible with geospatial data.
- English: fluent in technical context to work with international colleagues.
Full-time position in Balma (31), France. Possibility of home office according to internal rules.
If you are looking for an exciting career in AgTech with young, dynamic team and global opportunities, join us!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference “ARD Engineer/ARD-03/2021”.
To support our company’s growth and leadership position in our field, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Interested in joining our team?